Warren, Reeve and Duchac
Carl Warren, James M. Reeve, Jonathan E. Duchac
Problem 7-3A (P7-3A) On July 31, 2010, Fenton Company had a cash balance per books of $6,140. The statement from Jackson State Bank on that date showed a balance of $7,695.80. A comparison of the bank statement with the cash account revealed the following facts.
1. The bank service charge for July was $25.
2. The bank collected a note receivable of $1,500 for Fenton Company on July 15, plus $30 of interest. The bank made a $10 charge for the collection. Fenton has not accrued any interest on the note.
3. The July 31 receipts of $1,193.30 were not included in the bank deposits for July. These receipts were deposited by the company in a night deposit vault on July 31.
4. Company check No. 2480 issued to H. Coby, a creditor, for $384 that cleared the bank in July was incorrectly entered in the cash payments journal on July 10 for $348.
5. Checks outstanding on July 31 totaled $1,980.10.
6. On July 31 the bank statement showed an NSF charge of $690 for a check received by the company from P. Figura, a customer, on account.
(a) Prepare the bank reconciliation as of July 31.
(b) Prepare the necessary adjusting entries at July 31
Click here for the SOLUTION